Krekeler Jewelers was founded in September 1938 by A.L. Krekeler on Union Avenue in St. Louis, Missouri. William L "Bill" Krekeler joined the family business in 1961 and purchased A.L. Krekeler and Son Jewelers in 1973. Bill, along with wife Nancy and children Jeff and Jill moved the business from Bellefontaine Neighbors to Farmington, Missouri in 1977 where Jeff and wife Sheila continue to operate today.